Query 1: What type of Organization is United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: United Tiprasa Forum, Unit of Lam Phunuknai Trust (Regd. No: 4195/2018/IV-326), is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization consisting of conglomerates of people from all walks of life with the main objective to uplift the socio-cultural and economic conditions of the underprivileged Tipra people. (Article 1 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
Query 2: What is the Preamble of United Tiprasa Forum? Where is the office of United Tiprasa Forum located?
Reply: PREAMBLE: We, the Tipra people, that is the indigenous people of Tripura, do solemnly declare to form the organization namely ‘’UNITED TIPRASA FORUM” with its Reg. Office at Khakchang Complex, Nandan Nagar, Bankumari via Kunjaban, Agartala, Tripura – 799006 to work for uplifting the socio-cultural and economic conditions of the underprivileged Tipra people. (Article 1 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
Query 3: What are the Principles of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: THE PRINCIPLES: The principles of United Tiprasa Forum are to outreach, motivate and uplift the economically weaker section of Tipra organization with respect to social awareness, education, entrepreneurship, health care, etc. The organization also aims at nurturing students and youths of this economically weaker section to be better sensible citizens and social servants in the future. (Article 1 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
Query 4: What is the mode of Funding for United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: The organization is self-financed and sustains mainly on the contributions from the dedicated members, well wishers and crowd funding by way of digital connectivity and advertisements. (Article 1 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
Query 5: What are the Objectives of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: OBJECTIVES: The Objectives of United Tiprasa Forum are: (Article 1 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
- To act as non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization.
- Ensuring productive employment: To impart skill development training in different sectors like agriculture and its allied services, Forestry, IT etc. involving experts of these fields for ensuring productive employment, in order to encourage and facilitate entrepreneurs from among the rural masses according to locally available scopes and potentials.
- Render consultancy services: To render consultancy services in education, jobs and career sectors that would help students/ unemployed youths to take up right decisions in choosing right careers by opening and/ or running qualitative schools, vocational training centres, skill development centres.
- Generate Awareness among masses: To generate Awareness among masses about government schemes and assist in ensuring their proper implementation and to promote peace and harmony in State through sports and cultural events especially among youths.
- Stand-support the calamity affected people: To stand-support the calamity affected people in-need due to natural calamities and other accidental incidents and to protect and preserve environment through promotion of sustainable use of available natural resources.
- Improve health and social conditions in rural areas: To improve health and social conditions in rural areas by extending support to economically poor section of people for treatment, education and/ or other welfare activities; and implementing Community welfare projects especially amongst rural poor and weaker sections of organization.
- Raise or receive contributions/Charity from members and other Well-wishers: To raise or receive contributions/ Charity from members and other Well-wishers whether in money or in movable and immovable assets for fulfillment of objectives from sections 2 to 6; and to perform all other such duties/activities or take up such project conducive to fulfill the objectives from sections 2 to 6.
Query 6: How can I become a member of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: The Membership and its Eligibility: Any individual Tipra, who is 22 years of age or above, not indulging himself/herself in any political or religious debatable controversies in his/her career, may apply for membership through validated existing registered member’s recommendation. An individual applying for membership is eligible to be a member of United Tiprasa Forum only after his/her recommended application is approved by the Executive Members upon majority agreement. (Article 2 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
Query 7: How can I register as member of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Registration of Members: Any individual Tipra of sound mind, who fulfils the criteria laid in Article 2, after payment of recommended fees (Article 4) shall be valid Member of the organization. Such member shall have the right to participate in the election procedures of the organization and shall have other rights during discussions and executions of the organization’s activities. (Article 3 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
Query 8: What are the Monthly Subscriptions and Fees for the new members of United Tiprasa Forum? What are the Monthly Subscriptions and Fees for renewal for validated members of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Subscription and Fees of Members: Currently, Subscription and Fees for New and Existing valid members are fixed in 2 (two) categories, A. Employee and B. Student/ Self-entrepreneur. (Article 4 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
- New membership: Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only).
- Monthly membership: Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only).
- Annual membership renewal: Rs.100/- (One Hundred only).
B. Student/ Self-entrepreneur:
- New membership: Rs. 300/- (Rupees Three Hundred only).
- Monthly membership: Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
- Annual membership renewal: Rs.100/- (One Hundred only).
Query 9: What is the procedure for maintaining the Biodata of Members of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Register of Members: The secretary shall maintain a register of members of the organization and the same record shall be preserved for future. On fulfillment of Article 3, the members’ names shall be entered in the register. On cessation of membership, the same shall be deleted from the register of the membership mentioning the reason, if otherwise.
Query 10: What will cause my membership cancelled?
Reply: Cessation of Membership of Members of United Tiprasa Forum:
Any individual will cease to be a valid member of United Tiprasa Forum when he/she involves in one or more of the following: (Article 6 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
- If a member fails to maintain and uphold the principles and objectives of the organization.
- If a member indulges in anti-organizational activities.
- If a member fails to pay the monthly membership fees for six consecutive months.
- If a member directly involves himself/ herself with any political party.
Organization shall not be responsible for any act committed by any member in his personal capacity which is otherwise unlawful according to the Constitution of India or on behalf of the Organization without the consent of the organization.
If executive body with 2/3 majority recommends that any act of any member of the organization may affect the future prospect of the Organization, then his/her membership shall be withdrawn forthwith, without assigning any reason, irrespective of his/her status of membership.
Query 11: What are the appeals and privileges an individual can possess as members of United TIprasa Forum?
Reply: Appeals and Privileges of United Tiprasa Forum: (Article 7 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
- Any political and religious disputes cannot be appealed for.
- Misunderstandings among the members may be resolved amicably by the persons assigned for the purpose.
- No member can deny the trial by the member of the organization.
- No member can deny the decision of the persons assigned for the purpose.
Query 12: What are the Rights and Duties of Members?
Reply: Rights and Duties of General Members of United Tiprasa Forum: (Article 8 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
- The members have the right to cast vote for selecting/electing executive members. The members have the right to participate in all activities of any cultural programme, social gathering etc of the organization.
- The members have the right to express their individual views, ideas and opinions for the welfare of the organization.
- The members of the organization should be co-operative, foster for the unity and should work for the welfare of the organization.
- The members of the organization should try to spread, propagate and raise the name of the organization to its credibility level.
- The members should in all times maintain the integrity and understanding among one another and work for the progress and welfare of the organization.
- The members should cherish and share the success of the organization as a team work and not as single individual work.
- The members should at all times put the interest of the organization first before individual interest when working for the organization.
- The members should not post any news or events based on political issues, religious issues, someone’s personal privacy issues, any Chain Marketing related Business issues or any hatred feeling issues in Social Media Platform e.g. WhatsApp, Facebook etc or any other platform related to this organization.
- Any member indulging in notorious activities whether in writing, saying or action that is anti-social and anti-community shall be liable for cancellation of membership.
Query 13: What is the Official Language of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Official Language of United Tiprasa Forum: (Article 9 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
- Kokborok and English is the official language of the organization but Hindi may be used for external communication.
- For mass communication either English and/or Hindi can be used as and when ever required.
Query 14: What is the Official Procedures for holding of Meetings of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Meeting of members of United Tiprasa Forum: (Article 10 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
- Annual General Meeting: “The annual general meeting of the organization shall be held on any date which the executive body shall designate at least 30 days in advance of the date specified and shall be held once in every year.”
- Special Meetings: “A special executive body/general body meeting shall be held whenever the executive body calls one. Each call for a special meeting shall be in writing. It shall state the time and place of the meeting as well as the agendas for the meeting.”
- Notice of Meetings: “Written notice of meetings shall be mailed or WhatsApp to each member’s last known address / WhatsApp Group not less than 10 days before the meeting. The organization’s bylaws may provide that notices appear in a periodical, if published by or for the organization. Or notices may be put in newspapers with general circulation in the territory where the organization operates.”
Query 14: What is the Official Motto of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Motto of United Tiprasa Forum: The motto of the organization is “To Serve but Not to Be Served” (Article 11 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
Query 15: Who are the Authorities of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Authority of United Tiprasa Forum: (Article 12 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
The authority of the organization shall comprise of (a) General body and (b) Executive committee.
a) General Body: General Body comprises of all the registered valid members of the organization. General Body is the supreme body of the organization in regard to the governing of the organization and its power is unlimited to amend the constitution of the organization other than limited by the act. General body has power to provide direction to executive committee to take various decisions and execution of those decisions in the benefit of the organization.
b) Executive Committee: Under the General Body of the organization, there shall be an Executive Committee consisting of 12 executive members including five Office Bearers for a term of two years. It is the committee that shall deal the entire official matters and functioning of the organization as per direction of the General Body. There shall, at least, be four executive committee meetings in a year. It shall comprise of the following posts: – President, Vice-President, General Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, and 7 (seven) Executive Members. Any Executive members failing to attend 3 (three) consecutive executive committee meetings shall be either fined a lump sum of Rs. 100/- or shall cease to be part of Executive Committee for that tenure, if in any case, proper justification fails to be provided.
Query 16: What is the official procedure for Election of the Executive Members of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Election of the Executive members of United Tiprasa Forum:
- The Registered Eligible members during the Annual General Meeting shall appoint the Election Officer among the Members as and when needed to elect the Executive Members through Proposer – seconder method.
- The Election Officer shall take impartial attitude towards dealing the election of members of the executive committee.
- The tenure of the Executive Committee shall be for two years. No member can hold the Executive members’ posts for more than two consecutive terms i.e. four years. Members indulging in political and religious affairs cannot be selected/elected for the Executive members’ posts. (Article 13 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
Query 17: What are the Duties and Responsibilities of the Executive Members of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Duties and Responsibilities of the Executive Members of United Tiprasa Forum: (Article 14 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
- It shall be the highest executive post of the organization.
- He/she shall supervise and oversee all the functions and conducts of executive members.
- He/she shall guide the functioning of the executive members as and when ever arise.
- He/she shall chair in any mass gathering, cultural event, or any other events and represent for the organization. However, in the event of his/her inability due to any unavoidable situations, he shall delegate to any one of the executive members he/she thinks fit.
- He/she has the power to condone to any member of the organization for the punishment imposed upon him/her by the designated committee for that said purpose.
- He/she has the power to convene the emergency meeting of executive body in the interest of the organization.
- Executive or general body meeting will be convened by the notice of the President of the organization. He/she shall preside over the meeting.
- All the rules and regulations or ordinance will be notified by the President on behalf of the organization.
- The President shall take such steps that shall benefit the organization with the consent of the executive body.
- He/she shall take charge of office of the President in the absence of President and help in functioning of the organizations’ office.
- He shall assist and compliment to the function of the President.
- In the event of President’s post falling vacant, the Vice-President shall take the post of the President till a regular President is elected by the General body in the annual general meeting.
- The executive function of the organization shall be carried out by the Secretary.
- He/she shall maintain ‘Records of Activities’ of the organization.
- He/she shall maintain the register of the list of the members and update annually and as and when required.
- The Secretary shall initiate any activity that shall benefit the organization after consulting the executive members.
- He/she shall also maintain a copy of all the letters issued by the organization for future references. The Secretary shall maintain the numbers of all the letters issued or communicated to the outside or inside of the organization serially and sequentially with details of date, number, and letter issued to etc, from the beginning in the year.
- He/she shall take charge of the office of the Secretary in the absence of Secretary and in functioning of the organizations’ office.
- He/she shall assist and compliment to the function of the Secretary.
- In the event of Secretary’s post falling vacant the Assistant Secretary shall take the post of the Secretary till a regular Secretary is elected by the general body in the annual general meeting.
- He/she shall also be the designated executive member to oversee the issues of youths’ activities.
- Treasurer shall keep proper account of all the collections made and expenses incurred by the organization.
- Treasurer shall submit the yearly financial report to the executive body in annual general meeting.
- Treasurer shall ask to any person, inside or outside of the organization for financial help, donation or contribution either in cash or pecuniary or kind and try to raise the corpus of the organization’s fund.
- Treasurer shall not misuse the organization’s fund. He/ she shall be liable for the mismanagement of the fund and shall be dealt with according to the constitution or the act of the organization.
- In the event of Treasurer leaving Tripura, he/she shall submit all the records of accounts and funds to the Executive members in writing with proper hand over and take over.
- In absence of the Treasurer, the Secretary/President shall appoint temporary Treasurer after calling a Special Meetings.
Query 18: What are the Administrative Procedures to be followed by the Executive Members of United Tiprasa Forum for Utilization of Funds in case of prioritized necessity?
Reply: Utilization of Funds of United Tiprasa Forum: (Article 15 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum) In case of prioritized necessity, the President, Vice President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary or Treasurer by virtue of their posts can withdraw and utilize a maximum of Rs.5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand) only at a single time and a maximum of Rs.50000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand) only in a single financial year. The same transaction, then has to be reported to the Treasurer and the Executive members during the succeeding Executive Committee meeting.
All the income, earnings, movable and/or immovable properties of the organization whether accrued by way of subscription, donation, contribution, gift, or by any other legal way shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion and fulfillment of the principles and objectives only, as entered in the memorandum of association and no profit or gains, thereof, shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profits or in any manner whatsoever to present or past members of the organization or to any person claiming through any one or more of present or past members or to any third person. No member of the organization shall have any personal claim on any movable or immovable properties of the organization or make any profits whatsoever by virtue of this membership of the organization.
Query 19: What is the mode of Operation of Bank Accounts of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Operation of Bank Accounts of United Tiprasa Forum: (Article 16 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum) A saving bank account shall be opened in the name of the organization in any of the banks in Tripura. The account shall be operated jointly by the President/Secretary and the Treasurer. Signature of both the President and Treasurer shall be required for withdrawing amount from the account.
Query 20: What are the Auditing Procedures being adopted by the Members of United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Audit of Accounts: (Article 17 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum) The accounts of the organization shall be first internally audited by the Expert Group constituted by the Executive Committee. The Treasurer shall table the details of income and expenditure incurred by the organization to the designated group. After the internal auditing, the Treasurer shall furnish the annual audit report to the Executive Committee. The Treasurer shall fully cooperate with the Auditor/Chartered Accountant and shall furnish all necessary documents sought for. The fees of the Auditor/Chartered Accountant shall be borne by the organization.
Query 21: What are the Official mandatory key principles upon which Resolutions and Discussions can be operational for United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Resolution and Discussion: (Article 18 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
- Any decision, resolution, issue or proposal of the organization shall formally be approved by the 2/3rd majority of the Executive Committee and then it shall be approved by simple majority of the General Body.
- An issue, which has difference in opinion among members, shall be thrown open in the General Body Meeting for discussion. All members shall be given equal and impartial opportunity to express their opinion. If the issue is not resolved, then the issue shall be postponed for discussion in near future.
Query 22: What are the Official mandatory key principles upon which Amendment of Constitution can be operational for United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Amendment of Constitution: (Article 19 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum) The constitution of the organization shall be amendable. Prior notice shall be given to all the eligible members of the organization regarding the article, section or subsection of any part to be amended. The general body is empowered to amend any part or article of the constitution by simple majority. The amendment shall be approved by the Executive Committee by 2/3rd majority within four weeks of the resolution of the General Body.
Query 23: What are the Official mandatory key principles upon which Quorum of Meeting can be operational for United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Quorum of the Meeting: (Article 20 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum)
- The quorum of the General Body Meeting is 1/4th of the total registered eligible members.
- The quorum of the Executive Committee Meeting is 1/3rd of the total existing executive members.
- Maximum strength of the Executive Member: The maximum strength of the executive members shall not be more than 1/3rd of the total eligible registered members.
Query 24: What are the Official mandatory key principles upon which Dissolution and Adjustment of Affairs can be operational for United Tiprasa Forum?
Reply: Dissolution and Adjustment of affairs (Article 21 of Constitution of United Tiprasa Forum) If organization needs to be dissolved, it shall be dissolved as per the provisions and the procedures laid under Sections 13 & 14 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860, as amended up-to-date.